Youth Leadership Council
The Henrico Police Athletic League Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is designed to expose career minded youth from 12 to 18 years old to the many facets of leadership development and community service. Participants will meet and receive instruction from government, private industry, and community leaders.
All participants will engage in various leadership related projects and activities and monthly community service projects.
YLC Events & Highlights
- Attend the Annual Region 6 Youth Leadership Retreat (typically out of state)
- Attend National PAL Youth Summit in Potomac, Maryland, which is attended by over 500 youth from across the United States
- College Tours
- Leadership Workshops
- $1,000 scholarships awarded to two High School students entering college.
- 95% of participants go on to college
- Community Service projects
-Meetings are conducted utilizing Roberts Rules of Order
All interested youths must fill out a registration form accompanied by a one page typed letter from the youth stating why he/she should be selected to participate in the Henrico PAL YLC.
Maintain at least a 2.5 grade point average. Each perspective
Participant must be available to attend the monthly meetings on the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month @ 6 pm
Each participant is required to adhere to and sign the YLC Bylaws/Code of Conduct Agreement